Get More Help
If you need subject specific help, please contact your subject librarian. See the Research Guides linked from the homepage to find out who your subject librarian is.
If you are unclear about your privileges, please contact Raven Keppinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General or Interdisciplinary topics
- Academic Search Complete
- Limit your results to "SOU Full-text" to see only items we have available online.
- To download an article, either click on the provided PDF or HTML full-text link, or click on "Find at SOU" and look for the "Go" icon (you may have to look for a PDF link after that to download the article).
Subject specific topics
- Check out the Research Guide for your discipline listed in the dropdown off of our homepage (upper left). This is also a great way to find your subject librarian who can help you with your research.
A specific article
- List of Journals at SOU
- Look for the title of the journal.
- If we have it, it should show up (make sure we have the actual date of the journal issue that you're looking for).
- If we don't have it, please skip down to the section on resources not at our library.
Many government documents are available online through our catalog. Limit the Location to "Govt Publications." You can choose between federal (US) and state (Or). You may also want to check out the guides provided under the Gov Pubs tab on the homepage.
To find streaming videos and music, click on the Media tab on our homepage.
PHYSICAL RESOURCES AT SOU
First, make sure the following are true:
- You've checked our Journals by Title list and found that we only have an article you need in print (in the Hannon Library Catalog)
- You don't live in the Rogue Valley
- You are currently registered in a Distance Ed course
In that case, you may request an article through Interlibrary Loan ($2 fee charged to your student account). Each time you make a request, please indicate that you don't live in the area and are requesting this article as a distance education student. The article will be scanned and emailed to you.
Please see the options below for registered SOU students who don't live near Ashland:
I live near an RCC campus
We can deliver SOU books to the RCC campuses. For more information, please read the tab "Medford Libraries" at the top of this page.
I live near an Orbis-Cascade Alliance campus
Map of Member Libraries
First, take your student ID and talk to the Circulation Desk staff at your local campus (be aware that some student workers may not know about this since it doesn't happen that often). They will set up an account for you at that institution so that you can request books through Summit to be delivered to their Circulation Desk.
I live in Oregon, but not near an Orbis-Cascade Alliance campus, and am registered for an SOU Distance Ed course
You may request SOU books through Interlibrary Loan. Please explain your situation in the notes field.
I live outside of the areas listed above
Unfortunately we are unable to get books to you. We encourage you to explore academic libraries in your area, if possible. Your public library may be able to get books through their interlibrary loan program, although there is often a fee for this.
RESOURCES NOT AT OUR LIBRARY
Registered SOU students may request articles that we don't have through Interlibrary Loan. They will delivered to you via email.
Unfortunately we are unable to get books to you that we don't own. We encourage you to explore a local academic library, if possible. Many public libraries also have interlibrary loan programs and may be able to help you out (often for a fee).