"Search across many disciplines and sources: peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, abstracts and articles, from academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories, universities and other scholarly organizations." Most are NOT full text. You can then use "Journals by Title" to find the citation within Hannon Library Databases.
Selected Digital Archive - Primary Sources
- Ad*Access - images and information about advertisements printed in U.S. and Canadian newspapers between 1911 and 1955.
- AdViews - archive of vintage television advertising from the 1950s to the 1980s.
- Calisphere - digital collection of primary sources based on California.
- CBC Digital Archives - Collected list about various topics by the CBC / Radio-Canada Digital Archives.
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers - mostly short runs, 1836-1922.
- Primary source digitized collections through SOU library catalog - selected collections, including American Memory Collections from the Library of Congress
- Civil Rights Digital Library - collection of digital materials abouth the struggle for racial equality.
- Digital Archives - The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed - collection focusing on African American history.
- Afrcan American History: Primary Documents - also through Black Past.
- The Louisville Leader - African American newspaper, incomplete digitized run 1917-1950.
- Indianapolis Recorder - African American newspaper, digitized 1899-2005.
- Legacy Tobacco Document Library - UCSF - contains more than 13 million documents related to their tobacco advertising, manufacturing, and marketing.
- Oregon Historic Newspapers - search and access complete content for historic Oregon newspapers that have been digitized as part of the Oregon Digital Newspaper Program.
- Margaret Herrick Library Digital Collections - provides public access to more than 4000 items, including correspondence, photographs, early release fliers, full issues of rare periodicals, sheet music and movie star ephemera. The database also includes complete copies of more than 250 Academy publications, dating back to the founding of the organization in 1927.
- LexisNexis Academic
This database has several distinct modules. Two important ones are "News" and "Legal Research." "News" has more than 350 newspapers full-text from the U.S. and around the world as well as news magazines, broadcast transcripts, etc. "Legal" has federal and state case law, federal codes and regulations, and state codes among a host of other legal materials.
- Legal Collection
Centered on the discipline of law and legal topics, Legal Collection is a collection of respected, scholarly peer-reviewed publications including law journals, documents, and case studies. Legal Collection offers full text for more than 250 of law journal
This resource provides indexing for approximately 875 titles including major law reviews, legal newspapers, bar association journals and international legal journals.
- Google Scholar
Check the "Case Law" link for legal research. Notice that you can then choose to search federal or state court decision or you can select a court from a list of courts.
- Guide to Legal Research
Additional sources for legal research from the Hannon Libary Guide to Federal Information.
Journals by Title
How do I find a particular journal?
- Open the Hannon Library Catalog.
- Select “In the title” from the first dropdown.
- Enter the journal title in the search box.
- Select Material Type: “Journals.”
- Hit Search.
If we have it, you should see results appear in a list. Click “View Online” to see options for reading the journal online. Click “Get it” to learn more about what physical print issues we have.
If you don’t see any links, then we probably don’t have it and you can request the article through Interlibrary Loan. It will take 1-7 business days and costs $2 for SOU students for each article. You will receive it electronically when it arrives.